Subject: RE: Apache and PHP 'out of the box' on Cygwin
From: "Simon Stone" <[email-masked]>
To: "Stipe Tolj" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:54:56 +1100

Stipe/Igor,

Thanks for your responses.
Stipe, unless i'm missing something this was reported but not with any kind
of final resolution.

I have now done the following on my win98 installation:

Reinstalled cygwin with base packages + perl, apache, php, rebase and a few
others
Seen if apache works - yes
See if apache + php works - no - same error 'dlopen: Win32 error 31'

also did the following...

$ cygcheck `cygpath -w /lib/apache/libphp4.dll`
C:/Cygwin/lib/apache/libphp4.dll
  C:\Cygwin\bin\cygbz21.0.dll
    C:\Cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.dll
  C:\Cygwin\bin\cygcrypto.dll
  C:\Cygwin\bin\cygintl-1.dll
  C:\Cygwin\bin\pq.dll
  C:\Cygwin\bin\cygxml2-2.dll
    C:\Cygwin\bin\cygz.dll
  C:\Cygwin\bin\cyghttpd.dll

Use -h to see help about each section

...
and checked that each of these dlls exists and is NOT readonly (rebaseall
ignores
readonly dlls according to the docco)

restarted pc, started bash shell and did rebaseall

I don't think that this is a rebase problem (yet)as I am NEVER getting
'unable to remap foo to bar' as an error message when starting apache?

does it matter if the rebase shipped with apache ever gets run???
(it runs and fails as part of the 'out of the box' install)

Anyway - I've _NO_ idea as to what I should do next other than try and build
from source which wasn't my original plan... this was to be a quick and easy
basic php+apache test env on my windows laptop ;o)

Gary... I'm hoping that you eventually resolved this problem and have the
answer???

Thanks in advance for further input.

Simon

>> $ /usr/sbin/apachectl start
>> Syntax error on line 237 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
>> Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.dll into server: dlopen: Win32 error
31
>> /usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

>this is should be the "rebase problem" with depending DLLs. Please
>beware that I can't support Win9x, because I don't have such a system
>running.

>> Apache works fine without php. The libphp4.dll does exist. The
>> /etc/postinstall/apache-php.sh.done script seems to have done its thing
ok
>> as I have put the dll back into the /usr/lib/apache/new directory and
rerun
>> this script - rebase runs through ok and my httpd.conf is modified as
>> expected by apxs. I am confused as to what I should do next?...
apparently
>> Win 32 error 31 means "A device attached to the system is not
functioning".

>hmmm, this was reported AFAIK. Please check the archives if someone
>did answer this question already.

>Stipe

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/