Subject: Re: Corrected: setup.exe beta (testing needed - really!)
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Vince Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 27 Mar 2003 08:41:13 +1100

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 02:24, Vince Hoffman wrote:
> Havent a clean system to try a full install. however on running it to
> upgrade/add packages  the first run crashed .
> on the second run all was fine and componants were added/updated perfectly.
> I tried running a few more times to reproduce the crash and on average about
> one in 5 times (very rough average) it crashed.(see attached drwatson
> crashlog) for log of 2 of these crashes.

Ok, well this is 'not good' :}.

At what point does it crash?

Assuming it crashes straight after download screen - can you do a few
things for me?

Firstly, I note that you have a lot of background cygwin processes -
inetd, ssh, cygrunsrv etc. Can you shut them all down?

Now, put setup through a few upgrades/reinstalls and see if it still
crashes.

If it doesn't, then we know where to look for the possible bug.
If it still crashes, or if it's crashing elsewhere than
after-the-download, can you provide a step by step journal of your
choices in setup to help us reproduce the problem ( if we can't
reproduce it, we can't fix it in any reasonable timeframe).

Thanks for the feedback,
Rob

-- 
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.