Subject: Re: Problems interpreting errno
From: "Lassi A. Tuura" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:18:12 +0100

Passing errno values across systems isn't portable.  You need to define
your own error codes and map errno to those.  There is nothing else you
can do if you want to be portable.

These problems pop up in various networked file systems every once in a
while.  The most recent one I saw was on AFS which passed server errors
to client directly; the linux client didn't do much intelligent with
Solaris or AIX errno values (I forget which one was a problem).  You are
not alone :-)

//lat
-- 
Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.  --Voltaire

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/