Subject: Apache and PHP 'out of the box' on Cygwin
From: "Simon Stone" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 19:55:46 +1100

Hi All,

Gary/All, I think you have been here before... perhaps you or someone else
can advise as to what I should do next?

I am trying to run apache + php from recent out of the box version 1.3.20-1
of cygwin on win98).

When I start apache it always fails when trying to load the php dll...

$ /usr/sbin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 237 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.dll into server: dlopen: Win32 error 31
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Apache works fine without php. The libphp4.dll does exist. The
/etc/postinstall/apache-php.sh.done script seems to have done its thing ok
as I have put the dll back into the /usr/lib/apache/new directory and rerun
this script - rebase runs through ok and my httpd.conf is modified as
expected by apxs. I am confused as to what I should do next?... apparently
Win 32 error 31 means "A device attached to the system is not functioning".

Many thanks in advance.

Cygwin,

One thing that I noticed might be an issue is dependencies for the binary
installation when choosing the php and apache options: when I first did this
there seemed to be no dependency to install perl so I didn't; however I
think you need it for apxs?.... otherwise won't the
/etc/postinstall/apache-php.sh script just end up leaving you without any
libphp4.dll??? (I couldn't find one ;o)... in other words apxs fails so dll
is not put into /usr/lib/apache and the script then removes
/usr/lib/apache/new/libphp4.dll leaving no libphp4.dll at all.

When I did a completely fresh install as before but included perl then there
was no missing libphp4.dll.

Cheers

Simon Stone

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/