Subject: Re: Invalid compiler error
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Tron Thomas <[email-masked]>
Cc: Max Bowsher <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: 21 Mar 2003 08:04:38 +1100

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 08:01, Tron Thomas wrote:
> I'm sorry.  I misread what you wrote.  I thought you were suggesting 
> that I try the #elif directive in simple coding example to see if the 
> compiler would accept it.  This is was I used:

> This program compiles just fine, and if I define the proper value, it 
> print the expected text.  So it looks like the #elif directive, in 
> general, is compatable with the Cygwin compiler.  It doesn't explain why 
> the error message still occurs.  I suppose I could try changing the code 
> to what you actually suggested and see if that works.

IIRC the elif directive requires the define to be, well, defined.

the error you got suggests to me that
#elif defined(_WIN32) 

would be a better test.

Rob
-- 
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.