Subject: Re: Apache under Cygwin
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 21:16:18 +0100

Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> 
> In playing with this I jump on the server and start killing the children
> and reattempting either a web page connect or a telnet connection.
> Usually before I kill all of the children the web server responds and
> all is fine. However, needless to say, this is not how I want my web
> server to be behaving.

yep. AFAICS this behaviour is definetly startet after cygwin 1.3.10-x.
See my apache-1.3.27 running on cygwin-1.3.10-x at
http://apache.dev.wapme.net/server-status which runs *without* this
connection problems.

> So, anybody out there using Apache for Cygwin experiencing similar
> problems? Any ideas or solutions or debugging strategies?

The problem is known. Unfortunatly anybody was able to track the cause
of that hanging down :(

> Hmmm... Seems that this may have been touched on before at
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-11/msg00005.html but nobody has
> ever answered
> Stipe's query. Another person also experienced similar problems and
> didn't get an answer either at
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-09/msg00841.html
> 
> My particulars: Windows XP SP, Cygwin 1.3.21-1, Apache 1.3.24.-5.

Unfortunatly I don't have *the* answer, because this would imply I'd
knew what causes this effect and I definetly don't know.

Anyone who is wishing to support me in investigating is highly
encouraged hereby to do so.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/