Subject: Re: cygwin commands sometime hang on dual-processor (WinNT-SP5)
From: Joe Buehler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:35:43 -0500

Henrik Wist wrote:

> WindowsNT SP5. I'm seeing hangs on random commands (rm, cat, cut ...) 
> when running my scripts. I searched Google already and it turned up a 

What does Task Manager say about CPU usage when you get a hang?  Sometimes
'rm -r' will go into an infinite loop if it tries to remove an open file.
I am running a local patch to work around this.

You can download gdb and attach to a hung process and dump the stacks for
the various threads -- it would be interesting info.

See also the web page on debugging Cygwin problems -- there is standard
info that people on this list want to see.
-- 
Joe Buehler

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/