Subject: Re: cygwin binary of lftp 2.6.5?
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Huijing Zhou <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:11:15 -0500

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 07:01:18PM +0100, Huijing Zhou wrote:
>>Absolutely.  There is no reason why building with -mno-cygwin package
>>would have any effect on any Windows DLLs unless you attempt the
>>standard thinko of trying to mix cygwin and non-cygwin DLLs or
>>libraries.  You can't do this by default but if you add cygwin libraries
>>to the gcc command line you can get into trouble.
>
>In my case, "./configure" was fine, and "make" stopped here:
>
>/bin/bash ../libtool --silent --mode=link gcc  -O2 -Wall -Wwrite-strings
>-Woverloaded-virtual -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fno-implement-inlines
>-Winline  -s -o lftp.exe -export-dynamic  lftp.o complete.o lftp_rl.o
>libjobs.a libtasks.a libnetwork.la proto-ftp.la proto-http.la
>proto-file.la proto-fish.la cmd-mirror.la cmd-sleep.la -lreadline
>../lib/liblib.a -lssl -lcrypto -lintl -lutil -lcurses -lsupc++
>/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.2/../../../libcygwin.a(libcmain.o)
>(.text+0x7c): undefined reference to `_WinMain@16'
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>../libtool: line 6: .libs/impgen: No such file or directory
>make[1]: *** [lftp.exe] Error 127
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tmp/lftp-2.6.5/src'
>make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
>And I can see two files "impgen.c" and "cygintl-2.dll-def" in 
>"src/.lib", both 0 byte.
>
>Does this say anything?

Well it says that you're not using -mno-cygwin, at least.  Otherwise,
perhaps someone with libtool experience will be able to help.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/