Subject: Re: cygwin binary of lftp 2.6.5?
From: Huijing Zhou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:01:18 +0100

> Absolutely.  There is no reason why building with -mno-cygwin package
> would have any effect on any Windows DLLs unless you attempt the
> standard thinko of trying to mix cygwin and non-cygwin DLLs or
> libraries.  You can't do this by default but if you add cygwin libraries
> to the gcc command line you can get into trouble.

In my case, "./configure" was fine, and "make" stopped here:

/bin/bash ../libtool --silent --mode=link gcc  -O2 -Wall -Wwrite-strings
-Woverloaded-virtual -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fno-implement-inlines
-Winline  -s -o lftp.exe -export-dynamic  lftp.o complete.o lftp_rl.o
libjobs.a libtasks.a libnetwork.la proto-ftp.la proto-http.la
proto-file.la proto-fish.la cmd-mirror.la cmd-sleep.la -lreadline
../lib/liblib.a -lssl -lcrypto -lintl -lutil -lcurses -lsupc++
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.2/../../../libcygwin.a(libcmain.o)
(.text+0x7c): undefined reference to `_WinMain@16'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
../libtool: line 6: .libs/impgen: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [lftp.exe] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tmp/lftp-2.6.5/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

And I can see two files "impgen.c" and "cygintl-2.dll-def" in 
"src/.lib", both 0 byte.

Does this say anything?

Huijing

-- 
Huijing Zhou <[email-masked]>
CIP Computer Lab, Faculty of Economics
University of Karlsruhe, Germany
http://www2.wiwi.uni-karlsruhe.de

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/