Subject: Re: emac for X11 throws error about entry point SmcClientID not be located in libSM.dll
From: Joe Buehler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:08:46 -0500

>>I'm using win2000. I installed emacs-X11 and xfree86 for cygwin. When I
>>tried to run emacs, it throws an error window saying: The procedure
>>entry point SmcClientID could not be located in the dynamic link
>>library libSM.dll. I saw some mail talking about rebase or not rebase.
>>Is there a solution to it. Or my setup screwed up something? Or I need
>>to find a good mirror site to download?

Do you have libSM.dll somewhere?

I have XFree86-bin 4.2.0-2 and /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.dll has the symbol
in it.
-- 
Joe Buehler

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/