Subject: Re: I think I've GOT IT! The "Cannot open (null) for reading"bug!!!
From: "Max Bowsher" <[email-masked]>
To: "Cygwin \(Robert Collins\)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 02:34:19 -0000

Cygwin (Robert Collins) wrote:
> I've tweaked packageversion to
> use a mutator function, and overriden it in defaultversion. You can
> equally trip an Exception in _defaultversion::pick(bool) if you want
> to find where it was being set. I'll be interested to know if this
> solves the problem ( I presume you've managed to create a test case ).

Solved!

My test case was this:
Have an [exp] package installed. Setup wants to revert it to [curr]. Click
once, changing it to setup. Cycle round to "Partial" again. All the
binary-only packages are now showing in partial, but as Keep! Click twice on
any one of these (cycling it away and then back to Keep). Cycle round the
views again, back to Partial. Now the extra packages are not erroneously
listed.

My [exp] package was actually loaded from a second, local, setup.ini. I
never tested whether this mattered or not.

Max.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/