Subject: Re: 1.3.20-1: signal 11 when compiling XEmacs-2.4.12
From: Roland Schwingel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 17:58:29 +0100

Hi...

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 08:56:30AM +0100, Michael Lipp wrote:
 >I think you are missing an important point: I can build xemacs
 >successfully when I use the older (1.3.18) cygwin1.ddl! That's the only
 >thing I have changed about the environment (as you can see in the
 >environment dump, I'm still using gcc3). So, I insist: there is a bug in
 >1.3.20-1 (reproducable by building xemacs-21.4.12) that has not been in
 >1.3.18.

I have loosly followed this thread... I have had a similar problem after 
updating
to 1.3.20. When compiling I got random signal 11 crashes while running
a makefile... After a while of try and error I found out that the 'tty' 
option
in $CYGWIN caused this.

And it was a bit more funnier... When building using rxvt and 'tty' set 
I still
have no problem, but when building from a dos cmd box and 'tty' is set
I have these problems in 1.3.20. Not everytime but frequently when running
a bigger makefile oder script...

Maybe this can help you. If you are using rxvt for building or you are 
have not
tty set in your $CYGWIN you may have run into a different problem

Roland

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/