Subject: Standard out writes fail after cygwin generated dll loaded
From: Luis Iraola Moreno <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:07:55 +0100

Dear all,

When trying to run through the JNI native C code compiled in a DLL using
Cygwin, I found that standard Java output stops to work as soon as the
DLL is loaded. However, if the same code is compiled without Cygwing
(-mno-cygwin) the Java output works OK after and before loading the DLL.

I found that this behaviour has been reported to the list several times:

Klaus Schroeder reported it in January 2000:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2000-01/msg00121.html
Aj Lavin reported it again in October 2001:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-10/msg00740.html

Since then the problem seems to be unsolved. I have reproduced it
recently with the following configuration:

    - version 1.3.20-1 of cygwin1.dll
    - version 3.2-3 of gcc
    - version 1.4.1 of the JDK
    - version 1.4.0_01 of the Java runtime environment

The attached zip file contains the code that reproduces the problem:
Hello.java calls Hello.c, the Hello.h file was generated with javah.

Does anyone know something about it? Thanks in advance,

Luis.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/