Subject: Re: COM
From: "Robert Praetorius" <[email-masked]>
To: Manu Anand <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 11:13:44 -0500

> Hi Gang
> How do I link my COM pgms?

     For half a second I was ready to fling

        http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html.

at you - then I realized that grepping the web (or even the cygwin.com 
corner of it) for COM is a nontrivial proposition.

     I don't know from COM, but this message

        http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2000-05/msg00257.html

indicates that, even in antiquity, a program (Perl, in this case) compiled 
under Cygwin with gcc was able to use COM.  The bread crumbs led me here:

        http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC95

where I see ole32 in the list (as I said, I don't know from COM, but a 
brief surf and a test compile led me to believe that ole32.dll contains at 
least some of the COM-related functions you need.  I bet you can find any 
others that COM requires.).

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/