Subject: Re: Advocacy
From: Sam Edge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 13:29:26 +0000

Igor wrote in
<[email-masked]>
in gmane.os.cygwin on Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:49:05 -0500 (EST):

> I believe the complaints were mostly about the *size* of the disclaimer,
> not about its content.  The content is reasonably standard and pretty
> redundant, IMO.  Which is why I proposed a way for people to allow
> filtering it out (by including, say, an "--IGNORE-LONG-DISCLAIMER-BELOW--"
> line in their signature).

"Redundant" is hardly the word. "Ludicrous" is perhaps better.

Last time I checked, it's not possible to force a non-disclosure
agreement or any other form of contract on someone just by having them
read it. Some sort of verbal or written consent is required ... at
least in the UK.

Thanks Nomura International plc, but since your legal department
doesn't understand this, I'll avoid any business dealings with you if
I can.

Right. This is deeply OT for [email-masked] so I'll shut up again.

-- 
Sam Edge
This e-mail is intended for you. By reading it you have agreed to give
me all assets in your posession and the labour of yourself and your
descendants in perpetuity. And a date with your sister. So there.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/