Subject: Malloc array size limit
From: "Fabrizio Impagnatiello" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 08:47:13 +0100

I experienced run-time array memory allocation failure using cygwin1.dll
versions 1.3.14, 1.3.17, 1.3.18, 1.3.19, 1.3.20.
This trouble does not reveals using 1.3.12.

In particular the largest allocable array (from both gcc and g77) size is
limited to about 128 MBytes.

Christopher Faylor states that "Doug Lea malloc "was introduced in version
1.3.13 for all malloc operations (see what's new). Is this new malloc
appropriate ??

Fabrizio Impagnatiello
Alenia Spazio
Rome - Italy

---- Alenia Spazio S.p.A. ----
COMUNICAZIONE IMPORTANTE
Il presente email è destinato solo al/i destinatario/i sopra indicato/i.
Può riguardare un messaggio confidenziale e contenere informazioni e dati di
natura RISERVATA O CLASSIFICATA. Non è consentita la sua lettura indebita,
la sua duplicazione o la sua divulgazione. Le opinioni dell'autore di questo
email non sono  necessariamente le opinioni di Alenia Spazio S.p.A.
Nulla di quanto contenuto in questo email può costituire un contratto
ovvero una obbligazione vincolante per Alenia Spazio S.p.A.
Nel caso doveste ricevere il presente email per errore, siete
cortesemente pregati di distruggere la Vostra copia e di contattarci
telefonicamente o a mezzo email o facsimile. Grazie.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
This email is intended only for the use of the abovementioned
addressee(s).
It is confidential and may contain legally PRIVILEGED OR CLASSIFIED
information and data. Unauthorized reading, copying, disclosure or use is
strictly prohibited. The views of the author hereof may not necessarily
constitute the views of Alenia Spazio S.p.A.
Nothing in this email shall bind Alenia Spazio S.p.A. in any contract or
obligation.
If you received this email/facsimile through an error, please destroy your
copy and telephone or email/fax us immediately. Thank you.
-- 

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/