Subject: cygrunsrv -E (stop) does not work on Win32 applications
From: Sudheer Tumuluru <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:48:32 -0800

Hi,
        I have a Win32 exe I want to install as an NT service using
cygrunsrv. I use cygrunsrv to install (-I) and uninstall (-R) the
service. cygrunsrv -S starts up the service but -E doesn't seem to kill
(stop) the process. From the cygwin bash prompt, I am able to kill the
program only if I use /usr/bin/kill program with a -f flag. I suspect
cygrunsrv is not stopping the program because it is not doing the steps
/usr/bin/kill -f is doing to kill a process in the Win32 process table.
Is there any workaround or flag I can pass to cygrunsrv to fix this
problem?

Thanks in advance,
Sudheer T

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/