Subject: RE: Problem compiling Perl Tk800.024
From: "jon ewing" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Gerrit P. Haase'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:08:47 -0000

Hi Gerrit,

Sorry for the delay in replying...

> Hmmm, I tried Tk800.23 without X, there were only minor 
> problems, does it compile without X?

No.

Firstly I removed the duplicated methods from stubs.c. Then when
'make'ing, I first got:

...
...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jon/src/perlModules/Tk800.024/pTk'
gcc -c -I..  -I. -Ibitmaps  -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -fno-strict-aliasing
-I/usr/local/include -DUSEIMPORTLIB -O2   -DVERSION=\"800.024\"
-DXS_VERSION=\"800.024\"  -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/cygwin-multi/CORE
-D__WIN32__ -Wall -Wno-implicit-int -Wno-comment -Wno-unused
-D__USE_FIXED_PROTOTYPES__ stubs.c
cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory
"/usr/local/include"
cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system
directory
In file included from /usr/include/w32api/windows.h:87,
                 from Lang.h:194,
                 from tkPort.h:24,
                 from tk.h:71,
                 from tkInt.h:21,
                 from stubs.c:7:
/usr/include/w32api/winspool.h:239: unnamed fields of type other than
struct or union are not allowed
/usr/include/w32api/winspool.h:254: unnamed fields of type other than
struct or union are not allowed
/usr/include/w32api/winspool.h:275: unnamed fields of type other than
struct or union are not allowed
/usr/include/w32api/winspool.h:300: unnamed fields of type other than
struct or union are not allowed
/usr/include/w32api/winspool.h:446: unnamed fields of type other than
struct or union are not allowed
/usr/include/w32api/winspool.h:469: unnamed fields of type other than
struct or union are not allowed
make[1]: *** [stubs.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jon/src/perlModules/Tk800.024/pTk'
make: *** [pTk/libpTk.a] Error 2

I figured the stuff from winspool.h probably wasn't used, so edited
windows.h and commented out that line. The compilation then got further,
but stopped with:

...
...
gcc -c -I..  -I. -Ibitmaps  -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -fno-strict-aliasing
-I/usr/local/include -DUSEIMPORTLIB -O2   -DVERSION=\"800.024\"
-DXS_VERSION=\"800.024\"  -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/cygwin-multi/CORE
-D__WIN32__ -Wall -Wno-implicit-int -Wno-comment -Wno-unused
-D__USE_FIXED_PROTOTYPES__ tixUnixDraw.c
cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory
"/usr/local/include"
cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system
directory
tixUnixDraw.c: In function `TixpStartSubRegionDraw':
tixUnixDraw.c:152: structure has no member named `rectUsed'
tixUnixDraw.c:153: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:154: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:155: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:156: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:158: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:161: structure has no member named `rectUsed'
tixUnixDraw.c: In function `TixpEndSubRegionDraw':
tixUnixDraw.c:178: structure has no member named `rectUsed'
tixUnixDraw.c:179: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:180: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:181: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:182: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:183: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c: In function `TixpSubRegDrawImage':
tixUnixDraw.c:268: structure has no member named `rectUsed'
tixUnixDraw.c:269: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:270: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:271: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:272: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:274: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:274: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:275: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:275: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:278: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:279: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:280: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:281: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:283: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:283: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:284: structure has no member named `rect'
tixUnixDraw.c:284: structure has no member named `rect'
make[1]: *** [tixUnixDraw.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jon/src/perlModules/Tk800.024/pTk'
make: *** [pTk/libpTk.a] Error 2

I tried again with 'perl Makefile.PL x'. Again I edited the stubs.c, and
this time it compiled ok, but failed nearly all the tests, with all test
failing for the same reason, eg:

t/zzTixGrid.........X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid
Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  5
  Current serial number in output stream:  6
t/zzTixGrid.........dubious

        Test returned status 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
DIED. FAILED tests 1-36
        Failed 36/36 tests, 0.00% okay
Failed Test     Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------
t/Trace.t          1   256     5    5 100.00%  1-5
t/autoload.t       1   256     5    5 100.00%  1-5
t/balloon.t        1   256     8    8 100.00%  1-8
t/browseentry.t    1   256    15   13  86.67%  3-15
t/create.t         1   256   419  418  99.76%  2-419
t/dash.t           1   256    ??   ??       %  ??
t/fbox.t           1   256     6    4  66.67%  3-6
t/fileevent.t     13  3328     1    1 100.00%  1
t/fileselect.t     1   256     5    3  60.00%  3-5
t/font.t           1   256     9    9 100.00%  1-9
t/geomgr.t         1   256    19   19 100.00%  1-19
t/list.t           1   256    ??   ??       %  ??
t/mega.t           1   256     8    8 100.00%  1-8
t/mwm.t            1   256     2    2 100.00%  1-2
t/optmenu.t        1   256    24   22  91.67%  3-24
t/photo.t          1   256    ??   ??       %  ??
t/progbar.t        1   256    15   15 100.00%  1-15
t/widget.t         1   256     7    7 100.00%  1-7
t/zzHList.t        1   256    22   22 100.00%  1-22
t/zzPhoto.t        1   256    27   27 100.00%  1-27
t/zzScrolled.t     1   256    94   94 100.00%  1-94
t/zzText.t         1   256    22   22 100.00%  1-22
t/zzTixGrid.t      1   256    36   36 100.00%  1-36
Failed 23/25 test scripts, 8.00% okay. 740/838 subtests failed, 11.69%
okay.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2

Have you been able to compile 800.024?

Thanks lots for your help,

Jon.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/