Subject: cygwin1.dll, nontsec, and NTFS disk issue
From: Wu Yongwei <[email-masked]>
To: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:10:19 +0800

With newer versions of cygwin1.dll (maybe 1.3.15 and later), the 
ntsec/nontsec behaviour has changed.  Now ntsec is the default, and even 
when nontsec is specified, the command-line autocomplete still behaves 
like ntsec when operating on a NTFS disk, i.e., when I have a test.c and 
a test.exe, ". / t e s t TAB" will bring only "./test." instead of the 
expected "./test.exe".  I don't think it affects many people, but it 
really frets me.  I stayed with cygwin 1.3.12-4 for a long while, but 
now I see more and more packages depend on new features of newer 
versions of cygwin....

Thanks for any possible help/suggestions.

Best regards,

Wu Yongwei

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/