Subject: Installing perl...
From: "Henry Holland" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Cygwin'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:14:16 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to install perl on cygwin from source (5.6.1-2) and I get an
error on make:
  make: *** No rule to make target '<built-in>', needed by
'miniperlmain.o'. Stop.

Okay, I'm working on XP. Here's the configuration that I'm attempting:

-----------------
#!/bin/sh

# This script is designed to provide a handy summary of the
configuration
# information being used to build perl. This is especially useful if you
# are requesting help from comp.lang.perl.misc on usenet or via mail.

# Note that the text lines /^Summary of/ .. /^\s*$/ are copied into
Config.pm.
cat <<'!NO!SUBS!'
Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 6 subversion 1) configuration:
  Platform:
    osname=cygwin, osvers=1.3.20(0.7332), archname=cygwin-multi
    uname='cygwin_nt-5.1 spoedniek 1.3.20(0.7332) 2003-02-08 12:10 i686
unknown unknown cygwin '
    config_args='-de -Dusemultiplicity'
    hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define
    usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=undef
usemultiplicity=define
    useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define usesocks=undef
    use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef
  Compiler:
    cc='gcc', ccflags ='-DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -fno-strict-aliasing
-I/usr/local/include',
    optimize='-O2',
    cppflags='-DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -fno-strict-aliasing
-I/usr/local/include'
    ccversion='', gccversion='3.2 20020927 (prerelease)',
gccosandvers=''
    intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=1234
    d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=12
    ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='off_t',
lseeksize=4
    alignbytes=8, usemymalloc=y, prototype=define
  Linker and Libraries:
    ld='ld2', ldflags =' -s -L/usr/local/lib'
    libpth=/usr/local/lib /usr/lib /lib
    libs=-lgdbm -lcrypt -lcygipc
    perllibs=-lcrypt -lcygipc
    libc=/usr/lib/libc.a, so=dll, useshrplib=true, libperl=libperl5_6_1
  Dynamic Linking:
    dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=dll, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' -s'
    cccdlflags=' ', lddlflags=' -s -L/usr/local/lib'

!NO!SUBS!
----------------

Any ideas on why I can't get this to work? What more information do you
need to be able to help me?

This is exhausting...

Thanks for any help,
Henry

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/