Subject: Cygwin & Sybase Open-client
From: "Frederic BOYER" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Maxime KAISER" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:40:02 +0100

Hello,

I try to use cygwin & Open client together. But I cannot manage to link my
binary with
the sybase lib. In fact, if I do not generate .a libs, I can link but I do
have a rellocation
error at execution, and I cannot link when I use .a generated libs.

Have someone either succeded in using Cygwin with Sybase  / Open Client /
ctlib ?

I generate my .a with this script :

#! /bin/sh
for i in libblk  libcs libct libsybdb ; do
 echo "LIBRARY ${i}" >${i}.def
        echo "EXPORTS" >>${i}.def
        strings ${i}.lib | grep _imp | sed s/__imp__// >>${i}.def
        dlltool --dllname ${i}.dll  --def ${i}.def  --output-lib ${i}.a  -k
done

Thanx 4 help.

Frédéric BOYER.

"This message,  including any attachments may contain confidential and
privileged material;  it is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed.  Its  contents  do not  constitute  a commitment  by Crédit
Agricole Indosuez Cheuvreux  except  where  provided  for in a written
agreement.  Crédit Agricole Indosuez Cheuvreux assumes no liability or
responsibility for the consequences arising out of a delay and/or loss
in  transit  of  this  message,  or for corruption  or other  error(s)
arising in its transmission and for any misuse or fraudulent use which
may  be made thereof.  If you are not the  intended recipient,  please
contact us  and abstain from  any disclosure, use or dissemination. To
the extent  that  this message  contains  research information  and/or
recommendations,  these  are  provided  on  the  same  basis as Crédit
Agricole Indosuez Cheuvreux's  published  research  and  the recipient
must  have  regard  to  all   disclosures  and  disclaimers  contained
therein."

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/