Subject: Re: 1.3.16-1: Apache 1.3.24 not rotating/lockup problem
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Dylan Cuthbert <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:04:17 +0100

Dylan Cuthbert wrote:
> 
> Any more information on this problem?  Anyone solved it?

unfortunatly no. I guessed the latest cygwin 1.3.20-x, which included
some TCP connection related fixes would be the cure, but it didn't.

> server-status makes it obvious what's being said in this thread - ie. the
> children forked by apache aren't allowing themselves to be re-used on a
> different connection properly, hence they all eventually lock up (once
> KeepAlive times out) and your web site goes down.
> 
> Corinna - simply set KeepAlive on, and the time out value to 10.  Then
> access your index page, wait 10 seconds and then access it again... continue
> this a few times and you will end up locking all the children up.  (they
> work fine until the keepalive system tries to reset them to another
> connection)

thanks for the analysis. I'll try to scratch that down on one of our
installations here.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/