Subject: AW: AW: g++ and "undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'"
From: "Reimann, Peter" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:30:40 +0100

As I wrote to Ronald I tried this too. But it isn't the fault. Aside from
this I think, that if I say -static no dynamical linking should be
necessary.

Peter

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc.) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. Februar 2003 18:10
An: Reimann, Peter; [email-masked]
Betreff: Re: AW: g++ and "undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'"

Reimann, Peter wrote:
> Sorry. Here is the command line:
> 
> g++     -static -mno-cygwin -o docucalc.exe DCMessage.o
DCMessageItemList.o
> DCInputMessage.o DCOutputMessage.o DCModel.o DCCalculator.o DCPa
> rameterRules.o  docucalc.o DCError.o DCErrorMessage.o DCCLIInterface.o
> DCModelTool.o DCCPModel.o DCExternArticleList.o
> 
> DCError.o(.text+0x25d8):DCError.cc: undefined reference to
`libintl_gettext'
> 
> make: *** [docucalc.exe] Error 1
> 

OK, I think you got your answer already in this thread.  You didn't
provide the library (-lintl) with the symbol that you need.  You have
to do that.  This really isn't a Cygwin issue so if you have more
troubles like this, you might want to consult some gcc/binutils
usage information.

-- 
Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

This e-mail and any attachments is confidential and privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or relevant Xerox entity named above.  If you are not the named or intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/