Subject: Problems with update old instllation from local directory: `setup.exe' doesn't show new packages
From: Lev Serebryakov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:01:35 +0300

Hello, cygwin! How are you?

   I have old (about 3-4 months old) installation of some cygwin
   packages (gcc, XFree86, some other).

   I've downloaded last cygwin (full tree: about 1Gb) on my work
   computer and bring it at computer with old cygwin. I run
   `setup.exe' (2.249.2.5, 171008 bytes) and select `Install from
   local directory', and point to old target directory (with previous
   installation). After that setup.exe shows only old (installed)
   packages in `misc' category and doesn't shows other packages or new
   versions.

   If I point to new target directory setup.exe shows full list of
   packages from `setup.ini'.

   But I want to upgrade old install! Is it possible?

               Lev Serebryakov

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/