Subject: Get it sorted! (was Re: Group name getting set to 'mkpasswd')
From: "Elfyn McBratney" <[email-masked]>
To: "cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "christophe thiebot" <[email-masked]>, "Peter Canning" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 08:40:48 -0000

> On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 04:33:47AM -0000, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> > Also this was in the strace output that Peter sent in, I withheld this
bit,
> > as I didn't quite know whether this was intended (from mkpasswd's side)
> >
> >    65   19353 [main] mkpasswd 1148 pwdgrp::read_group: Completing
> > /etc/group:
> > mkpasswd:S-1-5-21-1045767534-453787399-1741382010-513:401:canning
> >
> > Just wondered what to reply with. Is it a simple matter of running
mkgroup?
> > or mkpasswd?
>
> Yup.  The group name says it all.

One for the archives: If anyone finds their group name or username set to
"run" or "mkpasswd" or "mkgroup"...You need to do exactly that, run mkpasswd
or mkgroup to update /etc/passwd or /etc/group respectively. There's some
new detection code to let you know when your /etc/{group,passwd} file is
stale.

So Peter Canning, you will need to run mkpasswd. And to Christophe Thiebot,
you will need to run mkgroup.

I've CCd in case your not on the list ;-)

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney
[email-masked]
www.exposure.org.uk

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/