Subject: Re: Latest cygwin always crashing with Postgres
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Seth Rubin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 10:30:45 -0500

Seth,

Please post instead of sending private email.

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 07:14:52PM -0500, Seth Rubin wrote:
> I'm running win XP (home) with cygwin.  A few months ago I had cygwin
> and postgres working fine on this machine.  Today I had problems (the
> IPC communication wasn't happening even though ipc-daemon was
> running), so before I did anything I upgraded my cygwin to the latest
> version (1.3.19-1) and along with that came postgres 7.3.1 .  I also
> got the new cygipc (1.13-2) and installed it.
> 
> Since doing this I have not been able to get postgresql to work.  It
> performs an initdb fine, the ipc-daemon starts fine, but any attempt
> to connect with createdb or psql causes postgres to stack-dump and
> exit.
> 
> Any advice appreciated.  I'm even open to trying to debug it, if you
> can give me some idea how to do that in the winxp world.

I run using Cygwin CVS a lot, so I have never actually used Cygwin
1.3.19-1.  However, I have not experienced the above behavior.  My
suggestion is to try the latest snapshot:

    http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Note that this means to just replace cygwin1.dll not all of the files in
the cygwin package.

Please report your findings back to the list.  If I don't hear from you
(via the list), then I will try PostgreSQL under 1.3.19-1 on Monday.

Jason

-- 
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D  8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/