Subject: Re: GCC 3.3-Signal 11
From: Kelley Cook <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 00:15:18 -0500

[This followup was posted to gmane.comp.gcc.devel and a copy 
was sent to the cited author.]

In article <[email-masked]>, 
KelleyCook=[email-masked] says...
> It's not a GCC problem.
> 
> Cygwin 1.3.19 added in support for vasprintf (previously GCC 
> would use the version included in libiberty).  
> 
> Unfortunately, Cygwin's (actually newlib's) vasprintf is not 
> quite right and it bombs under certain circumstances.  
> Supposedly that bug has been corrected, but it still crashes 
> for me with the Feb 3rd cygwin snapshot.

Namely since after checking the changelog that particular 
patch wasn't put in until the Feb 5th snapshot.

It works now.

Kelley Cook

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/