Subject: Can't compile glib with cygwin: Error 139 in make
From: Andres Moya <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 07 Feb 2003 16:05:29 +0100

Hello.

I'm trying to compile glib 2.2.0 or 2.2.1 in Cygwin, and had some
problems. The last one is one that I cannot handle :-P

1) At first place, the compiler complained about not finding
libkernel32.a and libuser32.a. I fixed it by declaring the environment
variable LDFLAGS=-L/lib/w32api

2) Then, it gave an error in module "glib" about an undefined reference
to _WinMain@16. The Cygwin FAQ tells to try adding an empty main()
function. I added it to some source file of glib, and apparently worked.

Is there any other way to solve these two by changing Cygwin settings,
and without affecting glib?

3) In module gobject, the make stops with a strange error. Here is the
extracted output:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Making all in gobject
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/andres/glib-2.2.0-linux/gobject'

[...some stuff...]

creating glib-genmarshal.exe
echo "#ifndef __G_MARSHAL_H__" > xgen-gmh \
&& echo "#define __G_MARSHAL_H__" >> xgen-gmh \
&& ./glib-genmarshal --nostdinc --prefix=g_cclosure_marshal
./gmarshal.list --header >> xgen-gmh \
&& echo "#endif /* __G_MARSHAL_H__ */" >> xgen-gmh \
&& (cmp -s xgen-gmh ./gmarshal.h || cp xgen-gmh ./gmarshal.h) \
&& rm -f xgen-gmh xgen-gmh~ \
&& echo timestamp > stamp-gmarshal.h
make[2]: *** [stamp-gmarshal.h] Error 139
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/andres/glib-2.2.0-linux/gobject'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/andres/glib-2.2.0-linux'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Error 139 is caused by the executable ./glib-genmarshal doing a core
dump (I have executed it by hand, and also does the core dump).

Actually, glib-genmarshal is a generated script, that in turn executes
./.libs/lt-glib-genmarshal.exe.exe (with two ".exe") :-?. This
executable has been compiled from the source by the same makefile.

What can I do to continue investigating?

I attach the output of cygcheck -s -v -r. I'm executing Windows XP
inside a vmware box, on Linux Mandrake 9.0.

-- 
Andres Moya <[email-masked]>
Hispalinux
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/