Subject: Re: 1.3.20
From: Jonathan Larmour <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 18:33:51 +0000

Michael H. Cox wrote:
> 
> (BTW, the tag cygwin-1-3-19-1 isn't in the list of available tags in cvsweb
> at
> http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/?cvsroot=src, but it
> is in CVS.)
> 
> I only got a portion of the source files (the files under
> src/winsup/cygwin).  If I don't use the tag, I get all the sources, but I'm
> getting files off the MAIN trunk that aren't tagged with cygwin-1-3-19-1.  I
> don't think that's what I want since I'll be getting changes that have
> occurred since the 1.3.19-1 release.  How do I get the versions of w32api,
> newlib, etc. that were used to build 1.3.19-1 out of CVS?

It appears there was a little slip-up with 1.3.19-1. Looking at e.g. 
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/Makefile.in?cvsroot=src
it's tagged with all the other cygwin version numbers, but not 
cygwin-1-3-19-1. I think it's simply been accidentally missed from the tag 
(i.e. someone did the tag at winsup/cygwin, not winsup).

Chris says the tags are for his own use anyway, so evidently you're meant 
to use the source packages for 1.3.19-1 using setup.exe, use the CVS HEAD. 
See my earlier mails in this thread for how to avoid some of the potential 
problems with the 1.3.19-1 source packages ;).

> P.S.  Jifl, welcome to the cygwin mailing list ;-).

Heh.

Jifl
-- 
eCosCentric       http://www.eCosCentric.com/       <[email-masked]>
--[ "You can complain because roses have thorns, or you ]--
--[  can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln   ]-- Opinions==mine

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/