Subject: Detecting text type in a shell script
From: Nicolas Christin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:55:49 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I have been looking into the mailing-list archives and the manual but
could not find any answer to the following problem, which will certainly
sound trivial. I am release-engineering some software developed under
Unix. The thing installs just fine under Cygwin when the "UNIX file"
text type has been selected at installation type but breaks if the "DOS
file" text type has been selected. So, what I would want to have in the
./install of the package I am release-enginering is something of the
form:

#!/bin/sh

if [ ${cygwin-unix-type} eq "true" ]; then
        proceed();
else
        bail();
fi;

How can I detect what text type was chosen at install time? (So that I
can appropriately set/unset my cygwin-unix-type variable.)

Again, if this is something that has already asked and answered, I
apologize, I just didn't find it. Please feel free to redirect me to the
appropriate documentation.

Thanks!
-- 
Nicolas

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/