Subject: Re: Apache corrupt big file
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 13:35:27 +0100

Tetsu KOUNO wrote:
> 
> (6) ServerType
>    ServerType inetd  ... successful!!
>    Maybe, same reason to ftp download was successful.
> 
> Any idea?

the inetd variant, means that on every incoming TCP connect on port 80
(or whatever you have confiured), inetd will spawn an httpd prozess
for that specific connection.

This is less TCP connection fault tolerant, yes.

The problem within the current Apache+Cygwin (normal setup) is within
the accept() serialization, which means the mechanism that the core
parent httpd prozess deals with incoming TCP connect and spreads the
load across the idle child httpd within the scoreboard file.

Unfortunatly it's unclear to me why the beast serves for a couple of
requests and then suddenly stops doing this.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/