Subject: /usr/bin/tar: Archive value 88578 is out of uid_t range 0..65535
From: [email-masked] (Peter J. Acklam)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 13:50:53 +0100

I use the cpan shell to install Perl modules, but I often get the
error messages like

   /usr/bin/tar: Archive value 88578 is out of uid_t range 0..65535

and tar ends with a non-zero exit status so the module won't
install.  How can I get around this?  Are there any plans of
supporting higher uids than 65535 in Cygwin?

Peter

-- 
I wish dialog boxes had a butten saying "Whatever".  I hate being
forced to answer "Yes" or "No" to a question I have no opinion on
whatsoever.  There ought to be a button matching my indifference.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/