Subject: Re: mingw-runtime-2.3, w32api-2.1, uberbaum
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Matthew Aldous <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:37:03 -0500

Please check out the project web page for links to available information
and ports:  http://cygwin.com/ .

If you don't see what you need there, then the cygwin mailing list is
the best place to make observations or get questions answered.
Information on the mailing list is available at the project web page.

For your convenience, I've reset the Reply-To: address to point to the
cygwin mailing list.  I've also Cc'ed this reply there.

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 04:51:53PM +0100, Matthew Aldous wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to build a cross compiled mingw build under netbsd 1.6 using the
>uberbaum cvs sources, but am experiencing the errors below with pex-win32.c
>
>I'm using mingw-runtime-2.3 and w32api-2.1, and was wondering if there was
>an obvious "try this" solution when using newlib..
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Matthew Aldous.
>
>gmake[1]: Entering directory 
>`/home/user/uberbaum/obj.i386-pc-mingw32/i386-pc-mingw32/libiberty'
>if [ x"" != x ]; then \
> /home/user/uberbaum/obj.i386-pc-mingw32/gcc/xgcc 
>-B/home/user/uberbaum/obj.i386-pc-mingw32/gcc/ -nostdinc 
>-B/home/user/uberbaum/obj.i386-pc-mingw32/i386-pc-mingw32/newlib/ 
>-isystem 
>/home/user/uberbaum/obj.i386-pc-mingw32/i386-pc-mingw32/newlib/targ-include 
>-isystem /home/user/uberbaum/newlib/libc/include 
>-B/usr/local/i386-pc-mingw32/bin/ -B/usr/local/i386-pc-mingw32/lib/ 
>-isystem /usr/local/i386-pc-mingw32/include 
>-L/home/user/uberbaum/obj.i386-pc-mingw32/ld -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -O2 -g 
>-O2 -I. -I../../../libiberty/../include  -W -Wall -Wtraditional 
>-pedantic  ../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c -o pic/pex-win32.o; \
>else true; fi
>/home/user/uberbaum/obj.i386-pc-mingw32/gcc/xgcc 
>-B/home/user/uberbaum/obj.i386-pc-mingw32/gcc/ -nostdinc 
>-B/home/user/uberbaum/obj.i386-pc-mingw32/i386-pc-mingw32/newlib/ 
>-isystem 
>/home/user/uberbaum/obj.i386-pc-mingw32/i386-pc-mingw32/newlib/targ-include 
>-isystem /home/user/uberbaum/newlib/libc/include 
>-B/usr/local/i386-pc-mingw32/bin/ -B/usr/local/i386-pc-mingw32/lib/ 
>-isystem /usr/local/i386-pc-mingw32/include 
>-L/home/user/uberbaum/obj.i386-pc-mingw32/ld -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -O2 -g 
>-O2 -I. -I../../../libiberty/../include  -W -Wall -Wtraditional 
>-pedantic ../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c -o pex-win32.o
>In file included from ../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c:35:
>/usr/local/i386-pc-mingw32/include/io.h:144: error: conflicting types 
>for `getcwd'
>/home/user/uberbaum/newlib/libc/include/sys/unistd.h:49: error: previous 
>declaration of `getcwd'
>In file included from 
>/home/user/uberbaum/newlib/libc/include/sys/fcntl.h:164,
>                from /home/user/uberbaum/newlib/libc/include/fcntl.h:1,
>                from ../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c:36:
>/home/user/uberbaum/newlib/libc/include/sys/stat.h:125: error: 
>conflicting types for `mkdir'
>/usr/local/i386-pc-mingw32/include/io.h:145: error: previous declaration 
>of `mkdir'
>../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c: In function `pexecute':
>../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c:188: error: `_spawnvp' undeclared (first 
>use in this function)
>../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c:188: error: (Each undeclared identifier 
>is reported only once
>../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c:188: error: for each function it appears in.)
>../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c:188: error: `_spawnv' undeclared (first 
>use in this function)
>../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c:206: warning: assignment discards 
>qualifiers from pointer target type
>../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c:141: warning: unused variable `retries'
>../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c:141: warning: unused variable 
>`sleep_interval'
>../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c:133: warning: unused parameter `this_pname'
>../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c:134: warning: unused parameter `temp_base'
>../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c: In function `pwait':
>../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c:228: warning: implicit declaration of 
>function `_cwait'
>../../../libiberty/pex-win32.c:224: warning: unused parameter `flags'
>gmake[1]: *** [pex-win32.o] Error 1
>gmake[1]: Leaving directory 
>`/home/user/uberbaum/obj.i386-pc-mingw32/i386-pc-mingw32/libiberty'
>gmake: *** [all-target-libiberty] Error 2
>

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/