Subject: Re: gdb-20030128-1 build problem for --target=arm-unknown-elf
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:18:39 -0500

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 01:45:20PM +0100, Eric de Jong wrote:
>I tried to compile the gdb-20030128-1 sources from cygwin for the
>arm-unknown-elf target:
>
>mkdir /usr/src/build/gdb-20030128
>cd /usr/src/build/gdb-20030128
>../../gdb-20030128-1/configure --target=arm-unknown-elf
>make
>
>Make fails when linking gdb.exe, the linker gives "undefined reference
>to `_default_callback' ".  I can find a function named
>'default_callback' in the sourcefiles for insight-5.2.1
>(insight-5.2.1/sim/common/callback.c).  In the gdb-20030128-1 tree, no
>directory named 'sim' is present (if needed?).
>
>Who can help me compile gdb/insight for cygwin?  I (think I) need this
>version as it supports the 'restore' command...

If you want to build gdb for something besides native cygwin, you should
use either one of the gdb releases or gdb from the sources.redhat.com
cvs repository.

It is extremely unlikely that you are going to find much gdb expertise
here for dealing with something like building an arm target.

The gdb mailing list is gdb at sources dot redhat dot com.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/