Subject: RE: Save typing /cygdrive/c?
From: Soren A <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:25:55 +0000 (UTC)

Igor Pechtchanski <[email-masked]> wrote around 27 Jan 2003 
news:[email-masked]:

> Scott,
> 
> "mount" is part of the "cygwin" package, so it should work if you've
> installed Cygwin.  "man mount"  is another story, however.  A search for
> "man1/mount.1" on <http://cygwin.com/packages/> reveals that you need the
> "cygwin-doc"  package.  Sorry for my assumption that it is installed
> automatically.

I think it might be worth pointing out that 'info' is the newer and
more-supported GNU help system, too, and if `man FOOdo' ever fails, the
user should automatically think "Oh, let's try `info FOOdo' too" before
getting upset or stressed over her inability to get instantaneous help
on "FOOdo".

   Soren A

-- 
"So, tell me, my little one-eyed one, on what poor, pitiful,
defenseless planet has my MONSTROSITY been unleashed?"
                       - Dr. Jumba, Disney's "Lilo & Stitch"

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/