Subject: Re: [sourcenav-user] Snapshot: Redhat's Source Navigator version 5.2.0 native Win32 build
From: Mo DeJong <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:35:49 -0800

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:17:12 -0500
Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I've just uploaded a release of Redhat's Source Navigator now maintained 
> at http://sourcenav.sf.net to the MinGW project.

I have to admit that I am a bit conflicted about this action Earnie.
While I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm for Source-Navigator,
I don't think it is right for you to call this release "5.2.0". There is
no "official" 5.2.0 release yet. This mingw port has not had much
testing, so even calling it 5.2 alpha 1 is premature. Could you please
change the name of the download to something that made it clear
that this is not an official 5.2 release. How about something like:

snavigator-snapshot-2003.01.27-1.exe

thanks
Mo

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/