Subject: Re: NTEA extensions for uid/gid
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Pierre A. Humblet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:15:03 -0500

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 06:58:38PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 11:23:28PM +0100, Christian Mueller wrote:
>>I don't want to use ntsec because I use my Cygwin home directory for
>>Cygwin *and* Windows programs and ntsec displays screwed-up file
>>permissions for files created by Windows programs.
>
>The next version of Cygwin changes the ACL inheritance rules on
>directories and may solve your display problem with ntsec.  Please give
>it a try when it comes out.  That will only take effect in *new*
>directories created by Cygwin.

This version if available as a snapshot if anyone wants to try it.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/