Subject: Re: Cron Problems
From: Wu Yongwei <[email-masked]>
To: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:47:29 +0800

Thanks.  However, where can I find the options of cron?  Now I only find 
some info in /usr/doc/Cygwin/cron.README, but only in the ChangeLog 
section, which I ignored on the first reading!

And what is the use of the option -a?

Best regards,

Wu Yongwei

--- Original Message from Elfyn McBratney ---

 > 2) How to start cron when starting the computer?  I tried running it
 > as a service in cygrunsrv (cygrunsrv -I cron -p /usr/sbin/cron), but
 > failed since starting the service always failed (cron : Win32 Process
 > Id = 0x3F8 : Cygwin Process Id = 0x3F8 : starting service `cron'
 > failed: execv: 0, No error.) but the process cron appeared.

Your problem is that your not passing the -D (Do not kill off parent
process; which allows cron to be used by the service manager) option. So 
you need to append `-a -D' to your cygrunsrv line when installing cron.

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/