Subject: Re: emacs error ad-Orig-documentation called with 5 arguments
From: Dan Holmsand <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:22:12 +0100

Joe,

Joe Buehler wrote:
> I think this (long-running) problem has something to do with
> the fact that emacs under Cygwin now has unexec().  If you roll
> back to emacs 21.2-9 you will not have any problems.

I think I've found the problem: /usr/share/emacs/21.2/etc/DOC-21.2.1 
seems to be missing a few lines (at line 2406, right before 
Finvocation-name, to be precise).

I compared the DOC file in Cygwin to the one in a recent Redhat distro, 
and found a difference at that location (Redhat's includes docstrings 
for query-fontset etc.).

And, lo and behold, with the DOC-21.2.1 file from Redhat, 
emacs-X11-21.2-11 works just fine! (unfortunately, emacs-nox becomes 
slightly broken in the process, though :-( ).

In other words, it seems that "emacs without X" needs a different DOC 
file from "emacs with X", so it would seem that the correct DOC file 
needs to be included in the emacs-X11 package.

Hope this helps,

/dan

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/