Subject: Re: PATCH -u Re: BUG Report : automake on cygwin is acting up on --srcdir-name=.
From: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:40:48 -0500

/usr/bin/automake is a generated script.  If you wish to submit a patch, 
download the source archive submit a patch against that (Note that each 
"final" script is built from fragments, where it takes two separate 
fragments to implement a new option).

However, all I see in your patch is adding two new options "--build-dir" 
and "--srcdir-name".  Why?  What problem is the lack of these options 
causing?  Which versions of automake (the real automake) introduced 
these options?  Why are these options asymmetrical -- shouldn't you have 
"--srcdir-name and --builddir-name" or "--build-dir and --src-dir" (or 
is that a question more properly directed to the automake list?)

Basically, regardless of the fact that I cannot use your patch in the 
source distribution for automake (wrappers), you haven't given me a 
reason to even try to add these new features.

--Chuck

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/