Subject: Re: Using cygwin and JAVA/JNI
From: Randall R Schulz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "gilles Bourgeois" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:11:39 -0800

Gilles,

I don't believe the ABI (application binary interface) used by the 
Microsoft compilers is compatible with that used by GCC and hence the Sun 
JVM, being compiled by the Microsoft tools, cannot access GCC-compiled 
libraries via JNI.

Randall Schulz

At 06:41 2003-01-17, gilles BOURGEOIS wrote:
>hello
>
>I wonder if it is possible to use JNI upon a DLL .i.e a shared libray like 
>.so file generated with gcc, without the mno-cygwin option. (my lib uses 
>IPC SYSTEM V, that is why I rely on the cygwin and cygipc libraries) I am 
>not a newbie with java/jni or gcc, but mixing all of them seems to crash 
>the JVM. Of course, It works if the library is generated with gcc under 
>linux but if executing the whole program (JVM instantiate) under cygwin, 
>it fails. Any one ever performed such a tricky architecture? thanks
>
>gilles

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/