Subject: Re: cygrunsrv and apache
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: David Means <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:35:21 +0100

> Does adding the --nodetach to cygrunsrv (I think that's the correct
> spelling ) help?
> 
> I had a similar problem with rsyncd and adding it resolved my
> problem.

no, the -k flag tells httpd to keep attached to the shell. This is
what cygrunsrv expects.

> >  > cygrunsrv -I apache -d "Cygwin apache" -p /usr/sbin/httpd -a -k -e
> > "CYGWIN=ntsec nosmbntsec binmode tty"

I see here that you may have a problem with the way you installed it.
You should be using -a "-k" to identify the atribute flag -k for
httpd. Maybe cygrunsrv does not pass that correcly, and I assume it
does not, because it will thing the -k is an argument of cygrunsrv
itself.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/