Subject: Re: Support for DDWARF-2 debug info? (on Cygwin)
From: Nick Clifton <[email-masked]>
To: Brian Ford <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Jan 2003 09:36:09 +0000

Hi Brian,

> The coff versions of sec_to_styp_flags and styp_to_sec_flag in bfd
> look to see if the section name begins with .debug and modify the
> section flags appropriately.  The PE versions do not even look at
> the section name.

Ahh, yes, you are right.  I guess that no-one has tried to
incporporate DWARF2 sections into the PE format before.  I guess that,
for now you are going to have to add similar name-checking code to the
PE versions.

Ideally what we ought to do is give gcc some way to tell gas that
"this section is a debug section" and then gas could do the right
thing.  Perhaps a new pseudo op ".debug_section <name>" ?

Cheers
        Nick

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/