Subject: Re: Emacs Problem
From: Frank Schmitt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:25:41 +0100

"Scott Purcell" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I run a standalone emacs on my box and when I quit I hit the keys [
> ctrl x c ] and it quits the app.  But in the one that runs in cygwin,
> it does not.

It's "control+c control+x" in Emacs language "C-x C-c". If this doesn't
work try "Meta+x save-buffers-kill-emacs RETURN" (Meta is usually the
Alt key under Cygwin, in Emacs terminology "M-x save-buffers-kill-emacs
RET").

If the C-x C-c doesn't work, this keys are probably bound in some way by
your terminal, over here using rxvt as terminal and tcsh as shell it
works as expected.

-- 
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/