Subject: Re: Make fails for various programs
From: Randall R Schulz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:00:57 -0800

Igor,

Your information is out-of-date. Ash does now support combined 
set-and-export using the "export VAR=value" syntax.

Randall Schulz

At 07:52 2003-01-15, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>Petrik,
>
>'export VAR="value"' works in bash and ksh, but doesn't in ash (you need
>to use 'VAR="value"; export VAR').  Perhaps that is your problem?
>     Igor

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/