Subject: Re: login from other m/c?
From: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:33:13 -0800

senthill wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to login to cygwin from other m/c in which cygwin is 
> not installed? If so, I would appreciate the procedure to do the same. 
> Is there any docs available?

Not sure what you mean by "m/c" but if you mean is it possible to log 
into a machine that has Cygwin from a machine that doesn't have Cygwin 
then the answer is yes - provided that the Cygwin machine has setup a 
service such as telnet/rlogin/ssh and that it's /etc/passwd is properly 
constructed so that you have an account there.

As for docs see /usr/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.README on the Cygwin 
machine.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/