Subject: Re: 1.18 mysql+perl+dbi+dbd::mysql
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Nikolayev Dmitry" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 07:44:11 +0100

Hallo Nikolayev,

Am Montag, 13. Januar 2003 um 05:29 schriebst du:

> Sorry, but I'm newbie, how can I do this?

>> You need to create an importlibrary from libmysqlclient for cygwin and
>> link against it to build the Cygwin Perl based module.

I create a .def file with impgen which comes with libtool and then
create the .a importlib with dlltool:

1.
/bin/impgen ${DLLNAME}.dll >${DLLNAME}.def

2.
dlltool --as=as --dllname ${DLLNAME}.dll --def ${DLLNAME}.def --output-lib ${DLLNAME}.a

You can fetch a binary of impgen here:
http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/impgen/impgen.zip

Some more words:
http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/impgen/cygextract.README

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/