Subject: Re: Solving the "relink exe's" libtool problem [take 2]
From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:19:28 +0100

>>> "Chuck" == Charles Wilson <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

 Chuck> I left the shell wrapper where it was, in the build directory.  When
 Chuck> creating the shell wrapper, libtool will also create lt-${prog}.c and
 Chuck> compile it using
 Chuck> $run $LTCC -s -o ${prog}.exe lt-${prog}.c

 Chuck> So, you end up with:

 Chuck> <builddir>/foo           (shell wrapper)
 Chuck> <builddir>/foo.exe       (binary wrapper)
 Chuck> <builddir>/lt-foo.c
 Chuck> <builddir>/.libs/foo.exe (the real executable)

Any way lt-foo.c could go into .libs/?  Or just be erased after
foo.exe has been built?  Maybe both?

Also I if you don't move `foo' to `.libs/' I think you
should ensure that `libtool --mode=clean rm -f foo.exe' 
erases `foo'.  (Or does Cygwin's `rm' erase both at once?)

Right now Automake doesn't use `--mode=clean'.  Maybe Automake
1.8 could start doing this so we don't have to hardcode this
sort of knowledge.

[...]
-- 
Alexandre Duret-Lutz

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/