Subject: postinstall/profile.sh: pls consider testing for preexisting symbolic link
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:57:03 -0600

--------

how about:

  if [ ! -f "/etc/profile" -a ! -L "/etc/profile"]; then
    cp -a /etc/profile.default /etc/profile
  fi

Rightly or wrongly I setup /etc/profile as a symblic link to
a network drive version of profile, so that several hosts
share the same file.  The postinstall/profile.sh leaves the
link but then copies in the default profile, so I have to manually
delete it.

So, in general should there be a check for a symbolic link also
as shown above.

Just a thought.

thanks,

Tom

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/