Subject: Re: Problem going from .o -> .dll
From: "Dave Hooper" <[email-masked]>
To: "Travis Whitton" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 17:52:17 -0000 (GMT)

> $ ./driver.exe
> EOF
> g(smiley face)Err: Close failed

This is not a forum for debugging other peoples' code, but ...

1.  You are using HANDLE *  instead of HANDLE
2.  Your logic for nul termination is totally wrong:
      c->buffer[nBytesRead + 1] = '\0';
    should be
      c->buffer[nBytesRead] = '\0';
    (think about why)
3.  Your logic for detecting End Of File also looks wrong - Quote from
msdn.microsoft.com:  "The ReadFile code to check for the end-of-file
condition (eof) differs for synchronous and asynchronous read operations. 
When a synchronous read operation reaches the end of a file, ReadFile
returns TRUE and sets *lpNumberOfBytesRead to zero".
4.  I would also personally check that CreateFile isn't returning NULL (as
well as your current test for INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) as that will also
indicate an error.  I also habitually set nBytesRead=0 before calling
ReadFile although I cannot honestly tell you if that will make a
difference.

Try that little lot and see what happens.  At the worst it will let you
diagnose any real error correctly.

d

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/